The Resource Guide
Cleansing Oils & Supplies
An underlined hyperlink denotes an affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link. Click here to learn more, or see the full disclosure at the end of this page.
Always spot-test any new oil or skin care item.
Makeup Removal – Oils & Supplies
- “Cleansing” oils like jojoba or coconut oil work well. For those with sensitivities to plant oils, lanolin or emu oil are good options.
- Microfiber washcloths (Amazon or Norwex)
- Basic Castile soap, like Dr. Bronner’s, for cleansing washcloths and makeup brushes (Amazon)
Oil Cleansing – Oils & Supplies
Deep Cleansing oils (ALWAYS spot-test)
Nourishing Topical oils (ALWAYS spot-test) The oils below, as with all supplies in the Skintervention Guide, can be found in natural grocery stores or elsewhere online. The brand primarily listed below, Eden’s Garden, is listed for continuity and because they come in smaller sizes for those who want to experiment.
- (for all skin types, rosacea, eczema)
- Olive Oil (for added nourishment, great for dry skin, MUST be high-quality)
- Grapeseed Oil (all-purpose, for all skin types)
- Avocado oil (eczema, psoriasis, sensitive skin)
- Hemp Seed Oil (all skin types, especially “troubled” skin)
- Borage oil (skin prone to redness, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne)
- (for skin prone to fungal infections)
- Apricot Kernel oil (all skin types)
- (all skin types)
- Lanolin (animal-based, for all skin types, especially those sensitive to plant oils)
“Bonus” oils (ALWAYS spot-test); also see serums section.