The Resource Guide
An underlined hyperlink denotes an affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link. Click here to learn more, or see the full disclosure at the end of this page.
For many, cooking certain foods recommended in The Skintervention Guide is a new and unfamiliar prospect. There are a few key devices that can shorten the learning curve and make things easier!
Note: We have linked to the Amazon marketplace, as this is a central location for national shipping. However, these products are also available at almost any department store or kitchen supply store.
Large kitchen gadgets
- Crock Pot/Slow Cooker (ideal for all-day cooking of soups, chili or stew)
- StovetopPressure Cooker (ideal for fast cooking & tenderizing of lean cuts of meat)
- Toaster oven (not for toast, but for fast baking and quick re-heating without a microwave!)
- Berkey Water Filter (one of the best, most reliable water filters on the market; they also have smaller versions)
- Home dehydrator(for jerky, etc.)
- Blendtec blender (among the highest-quality, most solid blenders on the market, aside from Vitamix)
Small Kitchen Gadgets
- Salad shooter (for easy, fast shredding and slicing of veggies)
- Magic Bullet (a more affordable, versatile blending device)
- Hand blender/food processor/immersion blender combo (a favorite, ideal multi-purpose tool)
- Paderno (device allows you to make noodles out of your favorite vegetables!)
- Jaccard meat tenderizer (ideal for tenderizing grass-fed meats)
- Vidalia Chop Wizard (a great way to “chop” veggies, especially root veggies, uniformly)
(Note: We do not recommend non-stick pans due to the industrial chemicals used in their coating. A bit of healthy cooking fat in a cast iron or enameled skillet is just as good! The best cast iron is found in antique stores – vintage, high-quality, and easily re-seasoned!)
- Lodge Brand cast iron pans, grill pans, and cookware (Lodge brand is pre-seasoned)
- Le Creuset enameled cast iron skillets, dutch ovens & pans (top of the line)
- Lodge Brand enameled cast iron skillets, dutch ovens & pans (economy)
- Cuisinart stainless steel cookware
- Silicone Silpat baking sheets
- Parchment paper (for lining baking sheets)
- Cheesecloth (for straining broth)
- Glass storage containers & BPA-free lids (replaces plastic tupperware)
Home Fermentation & Pickling Supplies
- Kombucha Kamp (Kombucha-making supplies, crocks, SCOBYs & teas)
Get advice delivered.
You don't have to stalk the blog!
Enter your email to get safe & effective recommendations sent straight to you.