Happy Skincare Saturday!
The Purely Primal Skincare Guide isn’t just about what you put on your skin. It’s about healing your skin from the inside out. Changing the health of your skin and your body from the inside out means being confident cooking good food. Real food doesn’t have to be complicated.
This recipe may seem simple, but it’s more than just yummy and easy. It’s also full of mineral-rich sea salt, sage (an antioxidant herb that may help boost circulation), and complete protein – which is critical for building healthy skin cells. The vitamin A, vitamin D, and choline from egg yolks also provides the building blocks for healthy skin and hormonal balance. All this packed into simple, delicious real food.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb pork breakfast sausage (pasture-raised if you can find it; find a farmer at EatWild.com)
- 2 tbsp cooking fat (we recommend coconut oil or ghee)
- 1½ tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ tsp pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Peel and dice into small cubes one medium sweet potato.
- Using steamer basket, cover and steam the sweet potato cubes over 1 cup of water until soft (approximately 10 minutes). Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat half the cooking fat over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add ground pork, sage, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook until pork is cooked through.
- Add steamed sweet potato to skillet and mix with spatula. Increase heat to medium-high and cook mixture another 3 minutes so flavors meld.
- Top with a fried or poached egg and avocado if desired.
Thanks for reading!
Liz & Amanda
Get advice delivered.
You don't have to stalk the blog!
Enter your email to get safe & effective recommendations sent straight to you.