The Resource Guide
Super-Foods & Nutrients
An underlined hyperlink denotes an affiliate or Amazon Services LLC link. Click here to learn more, or see the full disclosure at the end of this page.
Cod Liver Oil
At this time, we recommend the NEW Rosita “Extra Virgin” Cod Liver Oil product – similar to the fermented cod liver oil we discussed in previous versions of the Guide, it’s got vitamins A and D and is minimally processed; however, Rosita is less pungent and easier to take! Win-win. We recommend Butter Oil or Walkabout Emu Oil (new!) for vitamin K2.
We can only recommend Walkabout as a dietary Emu oil supplement, as it is the only oil that has been screened for K2 content.
Research is ongoing, and new recommendations will be added as other brands are approved.
- Rosita Cod Liver Oil
- Butter Oil (for vitamin K2)
- Walkabout Emu Oil (for vitamin K2) from Corganic or Radiant Life
Pre-made Broth & Broth Bones, shipped
Note: it is most cost-effective to home-make broth at home.
Note: you can make fermented foods at home.
Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast
Note: this Brewer’s Yeast has been discontinued. We are evaluating possible substitute recommendations and will update as information is available.
Organic Skin Care Tea Blends
Note: add a spoonful of Great Lakes Gelatin (first dissolve in a bit of cool water) to your tea for a nourishing boost.
- Tea blends from Mountain Rose Herbs (Rooibos & digestive blends)
- Yogi Tea Skin DeTox Blend
- Traditional Medicinals Chamomile & Lavender (excellent as external skin toner)
Organ Meats & Desiccated Organs from pasture-raised animals
- US Wellness Meats (organ meats & traditional Braunschweiger & Liverwurst)
- Tropical Traditions (organ meats)
- Dr. Ron’s (desiccated organs)
Note: Do not supplement until you have consulted a qualified practitioner and verified against any herb or ingredient interactions.
These aren’t required – but I’m often asked, so here are my recommendations for supplemental nutrients. They can serve as adjuncts to super-foods, but cannot take their place.
- Magnesium: Ancient Minerals Spray Oil (Amazon or direct)
- Magnesium: Ancient Minerals Spray Oil with MSM (Amazon or direct)
- Magnesium: Ancient Minerals Bath Salts (direct)
- Dr. Ron’s 1000 mg MSM Capsules (a sulfur compound; best taken with vitamin C, see below)
- Metabolic Maintenance B vitamin complex with methylated folate (Amazon or direct)
- Dr. Ron’s “Under my Skin” skincare nutrient complex
- Vitamin C: Vitamin Code (Amazon or direct) or Pure Radiance (Amazon or Dr. Ron’s)
- Multivitamin: Vitamin Code (Amazon or direct) or Doc’s Best (Dr. Ron’s)
- Omega 3: Vital Choice wild salmon oil